Last Minute Gift Guide!
It is CRUNCH time for Christmas shopping. Honestly, I am the type of person who has her wrapping paper picked out a month before Christmas, I put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and buy my gifts early, but there are always a few last minute gifts that I need to buy. This is my last minute gift guide! All of these can be bought in stores near you and are universally liked gifts in my experience. These are all gifts that I either got as a gift or gave to a friend or family member this year for Christmas. They are all good picks!
For your runner friend. My current favorite New Balance shoe is the Vazee Pace. Its neutral, lightweight, cushioned, and I’ve got to say, super pretty. I have recommended this shoe to all types of runners, both beginners and elites, and they always have good feedback. The Vazee was awarded “Best Debut” by Runner’s World magazine, so it’s a good buy . ($109.99)
2. New Balance NB Hybrid Jacket
For your runner friend who likes a little style. My favorite piece of apparel this season from New Balance is this NB Hybrid Jacket. I love it for both guys and girls. I wear my jacket day to day with my non-running clothes but it’s also great for when it’s really cold on a run. Not many pieces can cross over so well from running to street style. This one is a keeper! ($179.99) Click here to find an NB store near you, or order online with priority shipping. Men’s Hybrid Jacket
” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>Little Red Riding Hood ” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″>” src=”http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f534.png” scale=”0″> #nbwomen #girlsrunthistown
3. Roll Recovery R3
For your runner friend who needs a little TLC. The Roll Recovery R3 orthopedic foot roller is quickly becoming the most loved recovery tool for runners. Seriously, check out Instagram and chances are that some of your favorite pros are using this tool. I like rolling my feet out on this before and after my run and when I’m just zoning out watching TV. It’s designed to target to Planter Fascia but can be used as a small body roller too. Check out your local running store or gym, they might sell it. R3 rollers are also sold in all Jackrabbit stores. ($26.99)
4. Sephora Goodies
For your friend who wants to pamper herself. My favorite things from Sephora are:
• Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo ($22) best for the runners out there who don’t want to wash their hair right after every single run. I go through a lot of this stuff.
• NARS Bronzing Powder Laguna ($39) This is my go-to. I swap up makeup brands all the time but this bronzer always stays in the rotation. Ole’ reliable!
• Sephora Pearl Mask ($6) This is one of those full-face masks that make you look like a serial killer, but I still like it. I don’t use it frequently, but when I do I love how my skin feels after. I’m tossing these into my mom and sister’s Christmas stockings this year.
For your friend who loves to read, these were my favorite books I read this year:
• Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuvol Harari: A friend recommended this book to me and I loved it. Learn about how humans came to be. Not just the science of it, but how we developed to having religion, nations, currency, and human rights. Fascinating.
• The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins: If your friend liked Gone Girl, this book is right up their ally. A thriller, a quick read, and something I couldn’t put down when I read.
• How We Got To Now: Six Innovations That Made The Modern World by Steve Johnson: This may have been my favorite book I read this year. Johnson explores Clean, Time, Glass, Light, Cold, and Sound and the progression of inventions that lead to where we are now. It’s worth watching the PBS documentary series of the same name after you read the book… it’s on Netflix!
• Book I am hoping to get for Christmas: Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling; I haven’t read this one yet, but it’s on my wish list! Funny stories from the life of this comedian/actress/writer are bound to make me laugh.
For your friend who binges…on Netflix. I am a binge watcher. Ahhh, I said it. Now that I can admit that I am the friend who binges on Netflix, I can tell you what people like me need. Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick have been pretty clutch. Both make it so easy to binge on Netflix, Hulu, and HBO GO whenever I want. Apple TV ($59- $149) is available at the Apple Store, Fire Stick is available at Amazon ($39.99) if you have Amazon Prime it might get to you by Christmas, both are available at Best Buy.
7. Whole Foods Gift Card
For your friend you don’t know what to get, you can’t go wrong here! No one can actually afford Whole Foods all the time but we all pretend we can. Give the gift of exceptional produce…or chocolate bars, donuts, and cookies. Either way, with a gift card there is no fear of buyer’s remorse.
8. Trader Joe’s Jingle Jangle (or if sold out, anything chocolate)
For your friend who just wants to eat all the things. We are all that friend, I think. This is the most addictive “snack” in the world, probably. Chocolate covered everything. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, you must go now! The Trader Joe’s near me is sold out (I played a part) and they only sell it seasonally, so it won’t be back until next year! ($8.99)
For your friend who loves to cook. This is the cookbook for nerds. If you have a friend that is into running, chances are they are a bit of nerd. This is the book to get. Science + Practicality = Fun times in the kitchen ($30).
10. Vitamix Blender
For your friend who likes to cook who you really want to spoil. Yes, a crazy amount to spend on a blender, but this blender is a game changer. I got this as a gift a few years ago and it’s one of my all time favorite gifts. I use it everyday, often twice a day. Smoothies, ice cream, soups. My favorite thing in my kitchen! ($330-$560)
*Disclaimer – I am sponsored by New Balance.